Feed Item

This is a highly technical question but basically issues of jurisdiction affect standing for a matter to be even heard by the Court. If an applicant does not have standing then the Court will not hear the matter. In Family Law parenting matter the Court must consider the habitual residence, welfare of the child and any orders of any Court. The matter may be better dealt with in a different jurisdiction. Also whether any orders made would have any real effect, especially if sought to be enforced in another jurisdiction. Clearly the judge is considering written submissions of both Counsel. This is basically a question of law. ~ Cameron McKenzie